Thanks to Lawrence Lessig I’ve just read John Perry Barlow’s ‘Declaration of the Indepence of Cyberspace’! I’m 10 years behind schedule of course, but what a read! I felt like putting my right hand on my heart or saluting or something while I read it! Sure…one can always analyse stuff…but today I’m just letting myself get carried away! I mean….
- “Our identities have no bodies, so unlike you, we cannot obtain order by physical coercion. We believe that from ethics, enlightened self-interest, and the commonweal, our governance will emerge. Our identities may be distributed across many of your jurisdictions. The only law that all our constituent cultures would generally recognize is the Golden Rule”!
Isn’t that just precious!!! I’m overwhelmed with some sort of romantic notion of national pride (I’m from Bergen, we tend to overexaggerate such things)! But isn’t it funny how I feel a national pride for cyberspace?! I love it!
So on that note, let me share with you some of the lovely things I’ve found cruising while here at work and avoiding academic work…so very little on actual gaming!!
- The infamous Richard Bartle has posted a screenplay he’s written called “The Special Relationship” – I’ve managed to read 50 pages so far, and it’s not half bad! But I’ve always enjoyed Mr. Bartle’s sense of ironic humour! I tried sharing with the ONE suit at the office today….and he had a hard time understanding my laughter. So who knows?
- This lovely picture blog which has to be someone from my department as I recognise several of the faces! But who? I have my suspicions.
- The Man Who Fell Asleep – artist behind the lovely picture in this post
- Oooooh, yeah!! I’ve been meaning to post about this for ages – just haven’t gotten around to it! Look at this lovely jewelry idea!!! The Latchkey Project – ‘limited edition vintage key necklaces with search kit!!! Definately ordering one as soon as the student loan comes through! I’ve been dreaming of it ever since Clickable Culture reported on it in late December!
- Yet another 80’s Legend of Zelda ad that just makes me laugh!
- Oh dear….and who can’t have a good chuckle at this PSP sex games ad! I mean…it’s kinda frightful…but at the same time…I can’t help laughing!
And there’s just soooooo much more! I’ll just have to add them on bit after bit today! I have to say…this blogging thing really clears the mind when it’s all cluttered!!! Or it just might be the beautiful weather – or that I know I’ll be playing Myst when I come home! Most likely however…it’s just good to talk about something else than games every once in a while!